Thursday 13 August 2009

Toting the Wang

After months of well-versed agonising, I finally bought The New Bag. Behold! Alexander Wang's Coco Duffel!

It actually happened unbelieveable quickly. An email from Net-a-Porter telling me the item I'd put myself on the wait list for was in and I had 24 hours to purchase. A conversation across the desk with my colleague which included the phrase 'You can always send it back' at least four times. And a click of a button. Next thing I knew it was on my desk.

Now whilst I love internet shopping, there's always something a little weird about it isn't there? That rush of excitement you get when it arrives - child-like, almost Christmas Day esque - followed by a surge of disapointment when it doesn't quite feel the way you expected it to. Isn't as large/small/heavy/light and doesn't hang off your arm in quite the same way. It's almost like you have to spend the first day learning to fall in love with the item you've already paid for, convincing yourself it's right, much like you would before actually buying it in a shop.

You'll be pleased (well unless your my bank manager) to read I've convinced myself I love it - and there ain't no chance of it going back. The only strange thing now is that it's changing the way I dress: my until now adored white 1960's style swing coat for example looks totally wrong with the Wang. I'm entering a whole winter of biker boots, black and winged eyeliner, I can just tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment