Sunday 27 September 2009

It's all about VB


I've often wondered why magazines and newspapers still insist on putting Victoria Beckham on their covers/front pages. Surely after almost a decade milking publicity, the general public has grown tired of the Beckham antics? It seems not. The question I've been asked most by my friends outside the industry about London Fashion Week is... 'So what was Victoria like?' This, despite the fact she flew in for a day, took in two shows and stayed, oh at least, eight minutes at the Burberry Prorsum after-party.

The answer, in case you're wondering by the way, is that she was actually surprisingly sweet. Bumping into her in the bum-fight that was backstage after the Burberry show, she seemed as overwhelmed as the rest of us by the bodyguards surrounding her. Ok, she had caked on the fake tan/make-up because her skin wasn't looking that hot, but she didn't look as skinny as those screaming headlines suggest. I was also impressed she brushed off her 'protectors' to make sure she answered the questions we were throwing at her about the show - even if her answers weren't exactly inspirational. 'It was fabulous. I loved seeing colour. And the accessories were brilliant,' she told me, looking directly in my eyes and smiling. Which, I've got to admit, left me somewhat starstruck. She's got it.


No comments:

Post a Comment